Use the following steps to reset a Polycom IP Soundpoint (IP331, IP335, IP450):
- On the phone press Menu > Settings > Advanced.
- Enter 456 for the password (try 8675309 if 456 fails). Select Admin Settings > Reset to Defaults > Reset Local Configuration. The phone will reboot.
- After the reboot is complete, power cycle the phone and when the phone displays a "Loading Application" or "Starting Application” screen. Press the Cancel soft key, to stop the boot.
- Press the Setup soft key within 10 seconds of canceling the previous application to enter setup.
- Enter 456 as the password and press the Enter soft key (try 8675309 if 456 fails).
- Select Reset to Defaults > Reset Settings. Enter the same password again. The phone will reboot.
- Follow steps 3, 4 and 5 again. Select Reset to Defaults > Format File System. Enter the password again. The phone will reboot.
- Once the phone has rebooted, it will come up as a new device.
Once reset, follow these step to provision the device to work with NocTel:
- Press and hold 1, 3, and 5.
- When prompted for a password use: 8675309.
- Let the reset run until the rest is complete. The device will come to the home/idle screen and may have a strange ext number.
Once the factory reset is complete you will need to provision the phone to work with NocTel again.
- On boot up the phone will display a “loading application” screen. Press Cancel.
- On the phone, press Setup > enter the phone’s password. The default is 456.
- Choose Provisioning Server, and press the Select soft key.
- Scroll down to Server Type, press the Edit soft key, and arrow right until HTTPS is displayed and press Ok.
- Below HTTPS enter noctel.com for the Server Address.
- Press the alpha-numeric (ASCII) soft key, highlighted in the following illustration, to change entry mode. To enter periods press the star key (*) on your phone’s keypad. If you enter an incorrect number, you can press the backspace/delete button located under the arrow buttons to delete your entry
- When finished, press the OK soft key, and then press Exit twice.
- Choose Save & Reboot and press the Select soft key to reboot the phone and save the new configuration. *Please note that the phone may reboot multiple times.
|Content by Label|