Use this guide for provisioning a Polycom VVX Desk phone.
|title||For Poly VVX Desk Phone Running UC Software 5.x.x. or higher|
For VVX Models: VVX150, VVX250, VVX350, VVX450
Create a New Extension
Before provisioning a phone to work with NocTel, the device's MAC address must be linked to an extension in the Control Panel. Follow these step to create a new extension:
- From the control panel, click on Extensions.
- Click on the Add a New Extension link.
- Select the Poly (Polycom) IP Phone, from the list, and click Add Device.
- Complete the fields on the new page:
- Device MAC: Enter the phone's 12-digit MAC address. The MAC address can be found on a silver sticker, with a barcode, on the back of the phone.
- Ext. #: Give the extension a distinct extension number not currently in use in your account.
- Line: For all standard applications, leave as 1st
- Extension Name: Enter a descriptive name for the extension.
- Click Submit to add the new extension.
Setting a New Admin Password on Initial Boot
On initial boot of the phone, you are required to set a new admin password. Follow these steps:
- Enter the current password “456” in the “Old Password” field.
- Use the directional pad to arrow down to the “New Password” field.
- Choose a password you would like to use and enter this password. NocTel recommends 8675309, as once provisioned, the admin password will be updated to this.
- Use the directional pad again to arrow down to the “Confirm New” field.
- Once confirmed, press the “Enter’’ softkey on the bottom right. The phone will complete booting.
Entering Provisioning Information
Once the phone has been added as an extension and a new admin password set, complete the following to add the provisioning information:
- Press the Home key on the phone's dial pad.
- Use the directional pad to arrow down to Settings. Press the Select soft key to select the option.
- Select Advanced.
- Enter the admin password 8675309, and press the Enter soft key.
- Select Administration Settings.
- Select Network Configuration.
- Select Provisioning Server.
- Use the directional pad to arrow down to Server type, and press the Edit soft key. Change the Server Type to HTTPS, and press the Select soft key.
- Use the directional pad to arrow down to Server address, and press the Edit soft key. Change the Server Address to noctel.com and press the Ok soft key to save.
- Press the Back soft key
- Press the Back soft key again.
- Select Save Congif and press the select soft key. The phone will reboot.
|title||For Poly VVX Desk Phone Running UC Software 4.x.x. or Lower|
These provisioning instructions apply to the following Polycom Models using UC Software 4.x.x or lower:
VVX Models: VVX150, VVX201,
If you have not already added the device to a NocTel account as an extension, please visit the Adding an Extension article for instructions on adding the device as an extension before proceeding.
Entering Provisioning Information
These instructions will allow your Polycom phone to connect to the NocTel network:
- When the phone is first powered up it will display a
- “loading application” screen. Press Cancel.
- On the phone, press Setup
- and enter the phone’s password. The default is 456.
- Choose Provisioning Server, and press the Select soft key.
- Scroll down to Server Type, press the Edit soft key
- and arrow right until HTTPS is displayed, and press Ok.
- Below HTTPS, enter noctel.com
- , using the number pad to select the corresponding letters. The star/asterisk key * can be used to add the ''dot"
- When finished, press the OK soft key
- Press Exit.
- Press Exit again.
- Choose Save & Reboot and press the Select soft key to reboot the phone and save the new configuration.
*Please note that the phone may reboot multiple times.
|If you are doing a large number of Polycom phones across multiple campuses, it typically makes sense to set up a location to provision. Contact support for a detailed document explaining how to efficiently deploy a large number of handsets. You might also look at the NocTel DHCP options guide that can assist you with bulk provisioning.|