Use the following steps to purchase a phone number so that callers can reach your NocTel phones from existing telephones such as home, business and mobile phones.
Phone numbers can be immediately purchased and enabled. These numbers are charged the amount listed in your rate table.
- Log into the NocTel control panel for the account you wish to add the phone numbers too.
- Select "Numbers" from the main menu.
- Select "Add New Numbers"
- Pick the type of phone number (typically U.S. Local).
- Select the state and rate center that you wish the number to be from. A rate center is a geographical area used by a Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) to determine the boundaries for local calling, billing and assigning phone numbers. Typically a call within a rate center is local, while a call from one rate center to another is a long-distance call.
- From the list of numbers in the rate center, click on a number to add it to your "Selected for Purchase" list.
- When done selecting numbers click on Selected for Purchase to start the complete purchase phase.
- Click the "Complete Purchase" button when you’re ready to purchase them.
- The numbers will show up in the "Numbers" section and you may then select the destination you wish to send calls coming in on these numbers.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "kb-how-to-article" and type = "page" and space = "docs"|