The following step can be used on any Polycom SoundPoint IP Series or the SoundStation IP Series phones to correct a device that has entered in to a reboot loop and will not load the phone's main screen.
- Power cycle the phone and when the phone displays a "Loading Application" or "Starting Application” screen. Press the Cancel soft key, to stop the boot.
- Press the Setup soft key within 10 seconds of canceling the previous application to enter setup.
- Enter 456 as the password and press the Enter soft key (try 8675309 if 456 fails).
- Select Reset to Defaults -> Reset Settings. Enter the same password again. The phone will reboot.
- Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 again. Select Reset to Defaults --> Format File System. Enter password again. The phone will reboot.
- Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 again. Navigate to Provisioning Server and press the select soft key.
- Navigate to DHCP Menu, set the Boot Server to Static.
- Press Exit.
- Navigate to Server Type and press the edit soft key. Use the right direction button to select HTTP. Press the okay soft key.
- Navigate to Server Address and press the edit soft key. Enter jam.noctel.com/4014 for the address. (the # key will give you a /).
- Press the Exit soft key twice and choose the Save & Reboot option.
- Once the phone has rebooted a number of times, it will come up as a new device. Follow steps 1, 2 and 3 again.
- Navigate to Provisioning Server >> Server Type and press the edit soft key. Use the right direction button to select HTTPS. Press the okay soft key.
- Navigate to Server Address and press the edit soft key. Enter noctel.com for the address.
- Your phone will now reboot and be connected to NocTel.