These provisioning instructions apply to the following Polycom Models:
- SoundPoint Models: IP6000, IP7000
- VVX Models: VVX150, VVX201, VVX250, VVX300, VVX310, VVX311, VVX350, VVX400, VVX410, VVX411, VVX450, VVX500, VVX600, VVX1500
- Poly Trio: 8300, 8500, 8800
If you have not already added the device to a NocTel account as an extension, please visit the Adding an Extension article for instructions on adding the device as an extension before proceeding.
These instructions will allow your Polycom phone to connect to the NocTel network:
- When the phone is first powered up it will display a “loading application” screen. Press Cancel.
- On the phone, press Setup > enter the phone’s password. The default is 456.
- Choose Provisioning Server, and press the Select soft key.
- Scroll down to Server Type, press the Edit soft key, and arrow right until HTTPS is displayed and press Ok.
- Below HTTPS enter noctel.com for the Server Address.
Press the alpha-numeric (ASCII) soft key, highlighted in the following illustration, to change entry mode. To enter periods press the star key (*) on your phone’s keypad. If you enter an incorrect number, you can press the backspace/delete button located under the arrow buttons to backspace/delete your entry
- When finished, press the OK soft key, and then press Exit twice.
- Choose Save & Reboot and press the Select soft key to reboot the phone and save the new configuration.
*Please note that the phone may reboot multiple times.
Ports Used by Polycom & NocTel
The following table below lists and describes the TCP and UDP ports used by Polycom phones and the NocTel system. Blocking any of these ports may result in the inability to place calls and other symptoms that will affect the use of Polycom phones.
|123||UDP||Used for NTP to sync device time|
|5060||UDP||Used for SIP to initiate calls|
|80||TCP||Used for device firmware|
|443||TCP||Used for secure handset remote configuration|
|All UDP||UDP||Used for RTP for voice data receipt and transmission|